The Best Wedding Song
The song you first dance to at your wedding is a big deal. You might cry when you hear it on the radio for the rest of your life, or have days where all you want to listen to is that song, so choosing the perfect song for you and your partner is an important decision! Perhaps you and your fiance(e) already have “your song”. But if you don’t, consider these picks to use as your wedding song.
Modern Wedding Songs to Use in 2023
The 2010s gave us some wonderfully romantic singers and songwriters whose work would make great wedding songs. If you want a modern feel at your wedding, consider picking one of the following:
- All of Me by John Legend
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur
- Treasure by Bruno Mars
- Marry You by Bruno Mars
- Crazy In Love by Beyonce ft. Jay Z
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele
- You Are The Reason by Calum Scott
- I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
- First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
A modern wedding song can give your wedding a flavor that’s unique to you and your partner. And when it comes up in a regular playlist, you’ll always be pleasantly surprised!
Classic Wedding Songs to Use
Of course, some wedding songs are tried and true. They’re the classics for a reason! If you want a more traditionally romantic wedding song, consider some of these picks:
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra.
- This Will Be by Natalie Cole.
- At Last by Etta James.
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
- Fly Me to the Moon by Mel Torme
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
- If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys
- Our Love Is Here to Stay by Billie Holiday
- Your Song by Elton John
- The Best Is Yet to Come by Frank Sinatra
You can’t go wrong with a classic wedding song. These picks will have you moony for days over the love of your life - and you’ll probably pull a tear from the grandparents, too.
Country-Inspired Wedding Songs
The 2010s saw a huge uprise in rustic-themed ceremonies, so why shouldn’t the music match? If you’re country-inclined, consider using one of these wedding songs for your first dance:
- Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves
- Beautiful Crazy by Luke Combs
- Marry Me by Martina McBride
- I Do by Jessie James Decker
- Amazed by Lonestar
- From This Moment On by Shania Twain
- I Swear by John Michael Montgomery
- Wanted by Hunter Hayes
- Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis
- Breathe by Faith Hill
Upbeat Wedding Songs
After the first dance, of course, there comes the celebrating! Whether you want to boogie down immediately or just plan what comes after the first dance, here are some songs to include on your wedding playlist:
- I Got A Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas
- Sucker by the Jonas Brothers
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen
- On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
- Sugar by Maroon 5
- Celebration by Kool & The Gang
- Let’s Get Married (Remix) by Jagged Edge ft. Reverend Run
- We Found Love by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
- Twist and Shout by The Beatles
- We Are Family by Sister Sledge
Whatever wedding song you pick to use, make it personal and beautiful. If it means something to you and your partner, you can’t go wrong!